Your student’s safety is our number one priority, which is why we encourage you and your student to view the following videos:
Creswell School District has an established code of conduct and disciplinary procedures to ensure that students are safe on the school bus. The Code of Conduct includes a list of rules adopted by the Oregon Department of Education. (Rules Governing Pupils Riding School Buses OAR 581-053-0010) Students and their parents should familiarize themselves with these rules. In addition to ODE’s Rules Governing Pupils, please review the behavioral expectations below with your student.
- keep your body and all objects to yourself and inside the bus
- remain seated until it is time to get off the bus
- stay in the “Safety Zone” away from the bus
- only cross in front of the bus as directed by the school bus driver
- follow directions
- be kind to others
- use appropriate language and speak quietly
- keep your belongings in your backpack and not touching others
- keep your area clean
- arrive to your stop on time
- know and follow bus expectations
The following items are not allowed on the bus: animals, glass containers, aerosol cans, weapons or look-alike weapons, golf clubs or any item that cannot be secured safely and that can pose a danger in the event of an emergency.
Roller blades, skateboards and shoes with wheels must be transported in a duffel bag or backpack, their use is prohibited on the bus. Skateboards may also be transported if they are securely attached to a backpack. Any item used in an unsafe manner or its use is a distraction to the driver may be confiscated and the student must bring a parent or legal guardian to the Transportation Office to retrieve it.