At CSD, our team aims to promote access and provides services to help English Learners make academic progress toward state and district curriculum standards.
Our program goals are to:
- Increase students’ English language proficiency.
- Increase students’ academic achievement in core academic subjects.
- Provide ELD curriculum designed to support content-area instruction and advance students’ progress toward benchmarks and meeting the district objectives and goals that all students are expected to meet.
- Ensure that ELD students graduate high school at a rate equal to other students.
- Provide ongoing staff development and training opportunities that will enhance teachers’ understanding of second language acquisition and teaching techniques proven beneficial to English Language Learners.
- Ensure meaningful participation in district’s educational program for all ELD students.
- Assist schools with concerns that may negatively affect student achievement.
- Facilitate parent involvement in the schools and in the education of their children.
- Continually monitor and reevaluate administration of ELD program and services to ensure that students are receiving the best model of service delivery possible.
ELD Teacher / Title III Coordinator