Dear Parents and Guardians,
Last week, under guidance and recommendation from the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), we shifted our focus from Supplemental Learning with Enrichment Materials and Activities to Distance Learning for All. This change required our teachers and staff to prepare for online instruction and other modes of distance learning and communication with students. Since the closure, the CSD staff have been involved in Google Classroom and Zoom Communications professional development. At this time, they are preparing lessons and materials for distance teaching and learning. Teachers will be providing instructional materials for students by April 13th as directed by the Oregon Department of Education.
During the closure, CSD will be providing the following supports to our students and families:
- The District Office and school buildings will remain closed to the public during the statewide closure. District and Schools office hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- For the District Office please call or email: 541-895-6000 email@example.com
- For Creswell High School please call or email: 541-895-6025 firstname.lastname@example.org For Principal Adam Watkins email email@example.com
- For Creswell Middle School please call or email: 541-895-6090 firstname.lastname@example.org For Principal Shirley Burrus email email@example.com
- For Creslane Elementary School please call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Principal Amy Halley email email@example.com
- Meals are continuing to be provided at Creslane Elementary from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals are also being delivered on bus routes. If you reside beyond walking distance from Creslane and would like to request meals delivery, please contact Sarah Hanson at 541-895-6009.
- The District has conducted a student/family technology needs survey online. For those families who did not respond, staff are in the process of calling parents or guardians to complete the short technology needs survey. This survey will help us understand individual student and family needs for devices and Wi-Fi access for online learning opportunities.
If you haven’t been contacted yet, please contact: Technology Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 541-895-6013
On Tuesday, April 7th, staff began checking out Chromebooks to high school families that have identified the lack of a computer as a barrier to accessing instructional materials. Additional drive up opportunities for picking up devices from the District Office (located at Creslane Elementary School) are:
- Creswell Middle School: Wednesday, April 8th from 1:30PM to 4:00PM
- Creslane Elementary School: Thursday, April 9th from 1:30PM to 4:00PM
- If you missed your pick up date, you may pick up devices on Friday April 10th from: 1:30PM to 3:30PM
The district is working closely with state officials to get additional information on graduation requirements and how the closure will affect all our students moving forward. We know this is important time for all of our students and families, especially our seniors. Please be cautious of rumors or information coming from sources not linked directly to ODE, the district or our schools. As new information becomes available, we will inform our students and families as soon as we can. Please take care of each other during these unpreceded and difficult times. The physical and mental health of our community is top priority. If you need assistance or additional resources, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please follow us on our website: creswell.k12.or.us
Please know that we are doing everything possible to keep our students and staff healthy and safe. Thank you for your patience and partnership in this effort. This is a rapidly changing situation. We will continue to update our community as new information becomes available.
Mike Johnson, Superintendent