Dear Creslane Families,
We are nearing the end of the year and with just a little over a week left (5 student contact days remaining) there are some reminders I wanted to share with you.
- Library books need to be returned by the end of the school year. Please drop those off during the lunch service June 3, 4, 8, 9, or 10th from 11-12:30. You can also bring them on June 5th from 10-2:00 where packet distribution takes place in the parent pick up line at Creslane. If you are not sure if your child has a book checked out please talk with your child’s classroom teacher.
- This Friday, June 5th, will be the last day to pick up distance learning work packets for students who are not accessing distance learning via Google Classroom or Seesaw. The packets that get distributed on Friday will not be returned to school.
- June 15th and 16th we ask families to bring technology checked out for distance learning back to the building from 9-12:00 & 1-3:00. Remember to bring the power cords along with the device you checked out from the district. If you have children in multiple buildings you can deliver devices to one school site.
- Any last lost and found or student supply bags will be donated or discarded once school is out. There is a slide show on the school website with items needing to find their way home. Teachers can let you know if your child has a bag of supplies needing to be picked up. Those can be picked up this Friday, June 5th, from 10-2:00 in the parent pick up line.
- Our last official day of school and distance learning will be June 10th. Please help your child finish strong by attending their last few class meetings and by completing their classwork.
- Grades will be mailed home to families the week of June 15th. Fifth grade students will collect their report cards at the drive-thru promotion June 8th. As shared with you in an earlier correspondence the report cards will look a bit differently than they have in the past. Your child will earn a “pass” or “incomplete” based on their progress up through March 13th and with any participation in distance learning.
- If you are moving and do not plan to return back to Creslane next school year please notify the front office. If you are moving but still want your child to remain a student at Creslane you will need to fill out the inter-district transfer request that can be found on the district website.
This week we are participating in one last Spirit Week. Students learned about this in the weekly principal message and in their virtual classrooms. Our focus for this week’s activities center around “Kindness”. We hope students participate and find an opportunity to #BeTheNiceKid! (click on image to enlarge)
Congratulations to our final Mustangs of the Month! Parents will be getting a separate email inviting them to join Mrs. Halley for a Zoom meeting where we will get a group picture for the paper. Nice job to all our students this year in showing safe, respectful, and responsible behavior.
One final piece of information some of you might have already seen comes from the Creslane PTO. The PTO has teamed up with Amazon Smile in an easy, no extra cost to you fundraiser. If you find yourself shopping online consider signing up with Amazon Smile and select Creslane as the charity of your choice. 0.5% of eligible purchases will be donated to our school with minimal effort! Please spread the word to family and friends who would like to help support Creslane Elementary School. We appreciate any support you can provide.
You can sign-up here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-1930156.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership. I am extremely proud of how hard the students, staff, and PARENTS have really pulled together to keep students engaged in learning through this school closure. While the building was closed the school community was still thriving! Creswell is an incredible place and I feel honored to be a part of this community.
Principal, Amy Halley